Sunday 26 February 2017

It's Been Awhile...

An explanation for my conspicuous absence of late. The recording seems to be picking up momentum. The first five songs are nearly complete, which will give me almost half an album. Andre, one of my writing partners, has come up with piano arrangements for our two songs that are astonishingly beautiful. The drummer and bass player are lined up for their sessions. This the closest I've come to realising this long standing dream. It's actually beginning to take form. In the meantime, Belle has been helping me build a website, slated to launch in conjunction with the release of the first single, "Your Room", co-written with the inimitable Owen Pallett. 
Despite the good news, unemployment still weighs heavily, both financially and emotionally. I'm trying everything to find work, even resorting to workshops at the local employment centre.
With the free time itinerance gives, I've taken the opportunity to pursue some weighing health issues, going for all the tests and check-ups my G.P. feels are necessary with encroaching middle-age. This in itself is practically a full time job. I suppose I should be grateful for the opportunity.
Weaning off the methadone finally seems to show a light at the end of a long, claustrophobic tunnel. I'm down to 60mgs. At the rate of 5mgs a week, I should be free of the "liquid handcuffs" by the summer.
The discipline of writing daily can be transplanted into other aspects of life that I'm trying to wrestle: a better diet, morning yoga, perhaps running again, even finding time and strength to be more social. Too much isolation adds to the depression that already plagues me .I'm blessed by wonderful friends, and a devoted extended family. I thank the Goddess for their love each and every morning.
But I digress...
I will be more diligent with my posts in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment